Manufacturing businesses with complicated warehouse operations management needs. There is a cap of 5,000 transactions per month, which may become an issue for growing businesses. Zoho Books features entry-level software that can grow with your business. zoho books accounting review A portal lets you share information and documents with your customers and, more importantly, makes it easier for them to pay you. If you’re a new business owner and new to accounting, Zoho Books is probably one of the best applications for you.
- Users who want to set up accounting software quickly and without a steep learning curve.
- Zoho Books includes a time tracking and project management feature.
- Zoho added document management to its expansive toolbox a few years ago.
- Zoho Books also offers a free plan specific to businesses that make less than $50K USD in annual revenue.
- A toolbar on the left-hand side of the screen houses the main features, each with a drop-down menu of additional tools.
- For instance, the Basic plan lets you add up to 50 contacts and up to two system users — more than enough for you to start if you’re freelancing or just starting out.
In short, small to medium-sized businesses can maximize Zoho Books for all their accounting needs. Zoho Books is made to maximize efficiency in every accounting aspect for small to medium-sized businesses. From Profit and Loss statements and Inventory Summary reports to Tax Summary reports, Zoho Books offers 70+ business reports required to run your business smoothly.
Alternatives to Zoho Books
If you are already using other Zoho products, you’ll be able to easily integrate Zoho Books with any of these offerings. We use a rigorous software review process to create our unbiased, in-depth research. If you’re migrating to Zoho from another platform, there’s a comprehensive migration guide that offers step-by-step instructions on how to switch over to Zoho Books easily. They also like how they can get reports on different modules like sales, track sales by salesperson, and assess the performance of each employee.
The fact that this company receives such good reviews is the icing on the cake. Simply put, every small business should have accounting software to help keep track of financial details throughout the year. Zoho Books provides the basic functions for each platform for free, but if you want to upgrade for advanced functionality, you can do so by visiting each platform’s website. You can also manually add additional users for $2 per month per user or purchase 50 scans for $5 per month.
You can customize it to fit your needs and it integrates with other Zoho apps. We map costs for customers from Zoho Projects to Zoho Books and track it in Zoho CRM. Xero is a cloud-based accounting platform with tools tailored to the needs of small and medium-sized businesses. Dext Prepare is a cloud-based pre-accounting software that assists accounting professionals by automating the collection of … Wave is an all-in-one accounting software designed for small businesses such as startups, freelancers, contractors, and self… All of the tabs are neatly organized in the right corner of the desktop app, enabling easy access to whichever aspect you’re interested in.
What are the disadvantages of Zoho Books?
- User Restrictions. Although Zoho Books gives you four plans to choose from, they do restrict the number of users you can have on your account.
- No Payroll Services. Another possible downside of Zoho Books is their lack of payroll services.
- Limited Integration Options.